- Vocab PPT.
- Notes on identifying themes
- 1984 Quote Activity — take six important quotes and break them down to understand their thematic meaning / significance. You may use up to 3 of these on your unit guide.
- Work in groups
- Introduce annotation-guide-v2
- Reread the opening paragraph of 1984. Discuss subtleties and things we understand now that we’ve read the whole novel.
- Practice annotation with 1984-passage-prole-woman (this will not be collected)
- Annotate the 1984-the-ending
- You may make a MAXIMUM of 5 comments per page.
- Your comments should qualify as column 2 or 3 on your Annotation Guide
- I am grading these based on the quality of your comments
- Be prepared to discuss this text in-depth next class