DUE: 1984 Ending Annotation
- Discuss how to break down a writing prompt.
- Four tips for a good thesis
- Recreate ending to 1984
- Discuss 1984 ending in groups, as a class
- Discuss thematic purpose of Orwell’s ending
- Vocab Game (time permitting)
- Two Thesis Statements. Using the practice-prompt-1, write two thesis statements (one using a character from 1984 and another using a character from Brave New World).
- Complete as much as you can on the 1984 side of your unit guide. We have covered some of this in class, and what we haven’t covered (such as characters and their purposes) you should be able to attempt on your own.