- Vocab PPT — continue studying words from List 2
- Recap seminars
- Create a checklist based on this and review your own writing using the checklist.
- Discuss “The Pedestrian”
- Practice coming up with theme
- Identify literary devices that can be used to support theme
- Practice writing commentary
- Literary Analysis Essay — bring a hard copy and submit to Turnitin.com
- Read F451:
- A Day: Read pages 1-28 of Fahrenheit 451. We will have a quiz next class.
- B Day: Because Wednesday is so short, read pages 1-39 of F451. We will have a quiz on Friday.
- Your Unit Guide for BNW and 1984 is due in two class periods. Most of this should already be finished–if not, oops.
- Vocab Quiz on Thursday/Friday.
NOTE: Socratic Seminar grades have been entered, but I have not graded the entry ticket yet. The grade you see is assuming that you had a fully completed, insightful entry ticket and earned all 20 of those points. Next week when I grade the entry tickets, your seminar score could drop if that was not the case (or if you forgot to post the entry ticket to Turnitin.com!).