DUE: Final Draft
- Ch. 4 Quiz
- Review Grammar Test 2
- Groups: Discuss chapter 4
- Class: Discuss Jack’s first kill
- Receive one of three-passages (if you were absent, annotate one passage and then write the questions and ideas raised by the other two passages)
- Annotate yours, first individually and then with the group. Consider the important words and phrases and how they contribute to a theme that the passage brings out.
- Present your group’s findings to the class.
- Read Ch. 5; task
- Complete the comma practice paragraph (see Activities).
- Fill in the commas on your own.
- Once you have done your best to fill in the commas, check your work against O’Brien’s actual paragraph here: declotter-answer-key.
- Label each comma based upon the comma rule that applies. Rules 1-10 are located on your LHS Grammar Guide.